Linggo, Enero 10, 2016

Operation masculine rustic sexiness for my rec room…

image

I know. That's a lot of styles for one area but I have made up my mind and I want the basement area to have all of that. I want to stir away from any girly items that you will find elsewhere in my home. I want it to feel moody and regal, sexy like a cocktail lounge, but edited and purposeful like a modern bachelor pad. I want there to be rustic elements and raw materials like wood and metal. I want pieces I would put in a loft present. Again, that's a lot but that's what I want.

image

I have black leather sofas in the living room that'll eventually make their way to the rec room…

image

image

I have recessed lighting down there but I do like the caged pendant look. You can never have too many light sources…

image

This is really the only area I want wood items in my home. I bought a studded wood framed mirror from AtHome that I will eventually hang. The wood matches perfectly with a floating ledge I bought at Menards. I also will keep an eye out for some metal and wood bar stools for bar.

image

I have a trunk that I was going to paint and place in my office but have decided to use it in the rec room as a side table…

image

One wall is a deeper blue hue which will likely get changed. I haven't given much thought about paint. I know I want it to feel modern but not too dark. Gray is always a good choice for that…

image

Have you priced pool tables lately? I didn't realize how expensive the are. I want one but no time soon.. .

image

I like decorating in 3s for a really modern look….

image

I know I used this image before but I have been keeping eyes open for cushions. I flipped two bookstands on their sides to use as seating in the mean time. I just want to place some long cushions on top. I would love some camel hued seating somewhere down there.

image

image

As far as rugs, apart of me wants something very plush and another part of me wants a faux cowhide like the ones at Z Gallerie but I'm undecided.


{Keep indulging….follow me on instagram, twitter, & pinterest}


Filed under: Architectural Details, Bathroom, Bedroom, Decor, Decorating, Furniture, Interior Design, Lighting, Living Room, Textures Tagged: bachelor pad, Interior Design, masculine, modern

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento