Lunes, Pebrero 15, 2016

Kelly Wearstler for Surface Magazine...

image


In the Builders Issue of Surface magazine (Issue 125), out on newsstands now, interior designer Kelly Wearstler gave an interesting tidbit on the candidates that they interview. She said they all seem to have the same Pinterest account and that people in general should pick up books and read more for inspiration.


image


This made me wonder as I know I used to make weekly trips to Barnes & Nobles. I would grab a beverage and find a spot and be in there for a couple hours. I used to read a couple books at a time. I'm embarrassed to say the last time I finished one...


image

How has the digital age affected you? Do you find yourself leaning toward website articles or going to pick up physical magazines?


image


With that said, I know I still love to browse paper magazines. It's a rush I get when I purchase a coffee table book that digital mags will never be able to replace...


image


I have always loved Kelly's take on design. I wouldn't want them all for my own home but I like how bold and daring she is. What always stands out is the materials of decor and furniture. For example, this combination of aged mirrors with a modern abstract design framed in brass makes for a gorgeous cabinet...


image


She incorporates some of the prettiest stones, marbles, metals and textiles and creates really amazing designs...


image


image

image


image


image


image


To read the entire article, head on over to Surface Mag and see what she has in store.


{Photos by Julia Stotz, courtesy of Surface magazine, decor items and furniturenvia KellyWearstler.com}




{Keep indulging....follow me on instagram, twitter, & pinterest}


Filed under: Decor, Decorating, Dining Room, Interior Design, Lighting, Living Room, Pattern Love, Textures Tagged: abstract, bold, brass, furniture, geometric, Interior Design, Kelly Wearstler, marble, textiles

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento